Sunday, June 23, 2013

What are your hobbies?

What comes to mind when I say hobbies?  Knitting?  I think people are more into hobbies these days than in years past.  And I don't mean just knitting.  There are scrapbooking clubs, dinner clubs, mommy/baby clubs...the list goes on and on.  I love different types of clubs.  I love learning new things and meeting new people.  I joined a book club years ago, but quickly got tired of paying big money for just released best seller books.   Most of those books didn't interest me enough to get past the first chapter.  SO, I started my own book club.  Social media really helped put the word out to my friends and soon Chapter Chat was created.  That was 3 years ago now.  It's still a fairly small group, but we have a lot of fun.  We meet up monthly for books, food and wine. 


Book club goodies!

I told you we ate a lot at book club.



We do read books too....really we do!


In January I joined a photography club.  My husband gave me a Nikon for Christmas and said I would probably never learn to use it.  That was motivation enough!  My friend sent a message out on facebook that she wasn't into reading books, but wanted to start a photography club instead.  I jumped at the chance.  It has been a blast!  Most of us in the group haven't a clue how to work our cameras, but we are having a blast learning a little each month. 

Yes, more food at our photography club.

Laptops, ipads, cameras and cell phones usually cover the table at our meetings.
What are your hobbies?  I would love to hear about them.  I'm thinking about a new club...recipe club!!  I'm still working out the details, but will share soon.  

2 comments:

  1. Loving the photos! They make me want to join a book club - now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! I wish you were back here to join our club. Miss you girlie!

    ReplyDelete