Sunday, February 16, 2014

Grab a cup of coffee with me

Grab a cup of coffee with me and tell me about your week. It's Sunday morning and the house is quiet for a change. That's only because my husband has headed out for a walk with our very hyper puppy this morning...sigh...he wears me out!

This past week was AWESOME! If you know me well at all you know why. SNOW...beautiful SNOW! We had the biggest snow storm in 4 years. I was in heaven! It started about 3pm on Wednesday and snowed heavily all evening and all night long. It dumped about 8 inches overnight and continued to snow on Thursday with another 2 inches. 10 INCHES TOTAL! It was awesome.

 
This picture was taken Wednesday afternoon at the beginning of the storm. I settled in with a glass of wine and watched the ground start to cover with snow.

It was also Valentines this week. Since Valentine's day is always a nightmare here with the restaurant scene, we decided on something different this year. Wednesday evening we headed downtown in the snow, before it got too bad, to a local chocolate company for an early Valentine's treat. Chocolate fondue.

We sat by the window watching the snow fall while enjoying a chocolate treat. It was so beautiful and romantic! It was early enough in the snow storm that we could travel around easily enough. We both love driving and walking around in it while it's still snowing. Although it's hard to get good pictures while it's snowing heavily.

When we got back home we took Wiley, our puppy, out in the snow and he loved it! Thankfully he loves it as much as we do. I tried my best to get good pictures of him out in it, but it was close to impossible.

Most of my pictures of Wiley were a blurry mess because he was running and rolling.

The snow was coming down so hard that mostly all of my pictures were a mess.

The next day we headed out for a long walk and it was beautiful. Walking in deep snow is quite the workout, but I love how quiet it is outside while it's snowing. It feels very magical to me.

I love when the snow clings to every branch. Winter wonderland!

 

Red seems to really pop when the ground is snow covered.

I love our side of town and it's even more beautiful when it snows.

The next day we were trapped in our neighborhood since the roads weren't plowed yet. We headed out to the dirt trails close to our house and it was so beautiful. I didn't mind one bit being bound to the house and missing 2 days of work. It was nice to slow down and enjoy Mother Nature :)

How was your week???

Lisa

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lisa! I grabbed a cup of white hot chocolate that I will be blogging about soon!

    I love the snow as well! We have had a pretty constant snow for about a month and it has been so pretty. Glad it has been staying white! It has finally warmed up a little here. For a while, it was just too cold to get out in the snow at all!

    Hope you have a great week this next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, that sounds good! I'm soaking up all of the snow while it's still here. I love winter and especially the snow! I think I was meant to live in Denver....haha.

      Thanks for dropping by my blog!

      Lisa

      Delete