Thursday, January 9, 2014

Some of my favorites from 2013

It hit me yesterday morning driving to work that I haven't picked up my camera in weeks. About that time I witnessed the most amazing sunrise and really started to kick myself for not taking the time to always pack it with me. I took a few pictures around the holidays, but they were all taken with my phone. IT'S NOT THE SAME! I love my Nikon and it takes great pictures! I know better and I'm in a photography club and they talk about having your camera with you always! So, for 2014 I'm making the effort to take more pictures...and I'm anxiously awaiting the first snowfall as it's my favorite picture taking time.

I thought I would share a few pictures I've taken this year that are my favorites.

We as a family sat down recently and went through tons of old pictures I had taken since Jeff and I got married and the kids loved it. Just reaffirms that I shouldn't slack on taking pictures. Life is too short and you don't need a special occasion to bring the camera out.

 

 

Okay, I will stop now because I could add pictures all day. These are just a few from this year.

Enjoy your day!

Lisa

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the cold and snowy pictures!! I'm terrible for using my actual camera. I always use my iPhone. My husband is always like why don't you use that nice camera I got you and I'm just always like, my phone is easier. I really need to start considering the fact that the phone really doesn't take as great a pictures!!!

    Hope you are well and happy weekend to you!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, I agree it's so much easier to pull out the phone!! Sometimes you have to get a quick picture. I love snow pictures too, and can't wait until we get enough snow to pull the camera out.

      Have a great weekend :)
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. You snow pictures look like what I see outside right now. So pretty! Can't wait to follow along with your pictures for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia! We are expecting 5-10 inches on Wednesday and I can't wait! I hope to get good pictures.

      Delete